
It's Friday again and this weeks prompt from Gypsy Mama, is BACKWARDS.
So here goes:
How perfect that this would be this weeks prompt, as we are getting ready to head and go BACKWARDS in time to 1861. We have been Civil War reenacting this year as a family and it has been a great time. Back in April we attended an event at Ft. Steilacoom (near Tacoma, WA) and our oldest daughter, age 13, said the best part was just being together.
This weekend we are able to stay pretty close to home at Ft. Simcoe and I am glad to say the weather is gorgeous for camping out.
The reason we like going BACKWARDS in time varies from each one of us, I am sure if you asked a group of reenactors why, you would get a dozen reasons. I love doing it because it seems to bring joy to everyone in the family. My history buff husband likes the meaning and remembering of it all, it took our nation much loss to have great gain and understanding of true freedoms. My son, age 15, love the action of the battles and the fact that he loves history helps too. I think my oldest loves the dressing up part and my youngest just loves being with Mom.
If there are any reenactments near you I encourage you to go, with it being the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War this year there are lots of folks stepping BACKWARDS in time.
Comments
http://beckfarfromhome.blogspot.com/